Dell Part #/MPN: XJ891
DiscTech Item #: DEL-430-1788-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Dell DRAC 5 Card for Select PowerEdge Servers - Brand New
This card is compatible with Dell PowerEdge 1900, 1950, 1950 III, 2900, 2900 III, 2950, 2950 III, 2970, 6900 and 6950 servers.
Chief among concerns for many IT professionals is managing change—particularly when large numbers of remote servers are involved. Dell remote access controllers (RACs) can help administrators cope efficiently with change, and the RAC available in ninthgeneration Dell PowerEdge servers, the Dell Remote Access Controller 5 (DRAC 5), provides enhancements over previous-generation RACs.
The baseline Dell remote access architecture in the Dell OpenManage™ suite consists of hardware and software components that enable administrators to do the following:
- Access a server after a server failure, power outage or loss of network connection using a network interface card (NIC)
- Remotely view server internal event logs for diagnostic purposes
- Manage servers at multiple locations from a central location
- Manage servers by redirecting the console output (graphics and text) to a remote console
- Perform an orderly shutdown of a server for maintenance tasks
- Diagnose a server failure and restart the server
- Receive alerts through e-mail or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps when the server detects an error
Hardware for remote access
The DRAC 5 is an optional hardware controller powered by an AMD Alchemy Au1550 333 MHz processor. It can be integrated into a Dell PowerEdge server as a daughtercard that connects to the system motherboard, and it is compatible with all Dell PowerEdge ninth-generation servers (x9x0 model numbers).
This DRAC 5 card is for the Dell PowerEdge 1900, 1950, 1950 III, 2900, 2900 III, 2950, 2950 III, 2970, 6900 and 6950.
430-1788 / PY793
DRAC 5 Card
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: PY793
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new & sealed in retail box packaging.