Seagate Part #/MPN: ST9500431SS
DiscTech Item #: SGT-ST9500431SS-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI
Form Factor: 2.5inx15mm SFF Server Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Sustained Throughput: 97
Average Seek Time: 8.5 / 9.5
Electrical Interface: SAS-2 Serial Attached SCSI v2 - 6.0Gbps
On-Board Cache: 16MB
Seagate Constellation ST9500431SS 500GB 7.2K 6.0Gbps SFF SED Self-Encrypting Near-Line Serial SCSI / SAS Hard Drive - Brand New
- Industry’s first 2.5-inch, 15-mm enterprise-class nearline drive for dense, space-constrained data centers
- Lowest operating power and enhanced PowerChoice™ host-selectable power options for unprecedented power savings (up to 54 percent—as low as 1.1 W) during slow or idle periods
- The industry’s highest-reliability 7200-RPM drive, designed for 24x7 operation
- Best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance ensures unrivalled performance in high spindle-density applications, and multi-drive firmware maximizes system availability.
- Choose SAS for the seamless Tier 2 enterprise experience, with improved data integrity. SAS 2.0 enables faster data access (6Gb/s) and larger topologies over greater distances, increasing system scalability, data throughput and connectivity.
- Government-grade Self-Encrypting Drive security available on SAS models.
- Storage-hungry business applications
- Storage area networks (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS)
- Maximum-capacity servers and blade servers
- Rich media content storage—audio, video, image
- Reference and compliance data storage
- Enterprise backup and restore—D2D, virtual tape
- Collaboration—email, messaging
- Infrastructure—Web, print, file
This drive is compatible with any of our SAS drive trays and any of our SAS controllers.
Formatted Gbytes (512 bytes/sector)
Self Encrypting Drive (SED) Government Grade Security
Bytes per sector
Spindle speed (RPM)
I/O data transfer rate (MBps)
Seek time (read / write) ms
8.5 / 9.5
Track-to-track seek (read / write) ms
0.8 / 1.0
Dimensions (HxLxW) mm
14.8 / 100.5 / 70
Operating Shock (Read)
Temperature - Operating
Temperature - Non-operating
-40C - 70C
Current Requirements 12VDC (Read/Write, Idle)
3.5w / 2.6w
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 0.5 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new & sealed in retail box packaging.