Seagate Part #/MPN: ST94813AS
DiscTech Item #: SGT-ST94813AS-RF-OE-DEL
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 2.5inx9mm Fits Most laptops
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Average Seek Time: 12
Electrical Interface: SATA 150 - 1.50Gbps
On-Board Cache: 8MB
Seagate Momentus 5400.2 ST94813AS 40GB 5.4K 2.5" SATA Laptop Hard Drive - Refurbished OEM
Alt MPN: 9W3172-032
Dell Part Numbers: XM664 0XM664
These drives provide the following key features:
- 5,400-RPM spindle speed and 8-Mbyte buffer combine for superior performance.
- Quiet operation. Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor.
- High instantaneous (burst) data transfer rates (up to 100 Mbytes per second) using Ultra DMA mode 5.
- Giant magnetoresistive (GMR) recording heads and EPRML technology, which provide the drives with increased areal density.
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
- 800 Gs nonoperating shock and 250 Gs operating shock.
- SeaTools™ diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
- The 3D Defense System™, which includes Drive Defense, Data Defense, and Diagnostic Defense, offers the industry’s most comprehensive protection for disc drives.
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
- Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands.
- Support for autodetection of master/slave drives that use cable select (CSEL).
This drive is compatible with any computrer that accepts 2.5" SATA hard drives.
|Model Name||Momentus 5400.2|
|Formatted Capacity||40 Gbytes|
|Rotational Speed||5,400 rpm|
|Default Buffer (cache) Size||8 Mbytes|
|External (I/O) Transfer Rate (max)||1.5 Gbps|
|Average Seek Time||12.0 msec typical|
|Power (Typical)||2.1 watts|
|Power (Idle)||.60 watts|
|Startup Current (3.3 VDC)||.9 amps|
|Max Operating Shock (2-msec)||325 Gs|
|Max Nonoperating Shock (2-msec)||1000 Gs|
|Operating Vibration (max)||1.0 Gs|
|Operating Temperature (max)||55 deg C|
|Operating Temperature (min)||5 deg C|
|Nonoperating Temperature (max)||70 deg C|
|Nonoperating Temperature (min)||-40 deg C|
|Acoustics, Idle (sound power, typ)||2.4 Bels|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors||1 per 10^14 bits read|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: XM664 0XM664 9W3172-032
Weight: 0.5 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product has been built, rebuilt or repaired at the original manufacturer's factory (Note we NEVER sell 3rd party repaired items, as we do not find them to be reliable enough). Often these products are extremely close to new in condition, except that they contain at least one recycled or repaired component. Failure rates are often lower on these devices since they have been far more thoroughly tested than new items. Watch a video about our refurbishing process
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty