Seagate Part #/MPN: ST9146853SS
DiscTech Item #: SGT-ST9146853SS-BN-5Y
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI
Form Factor: 2.5inx15mm SFF Server Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Sustained Throughput: 202
Average Seek Time: 2.7 / 3.1
Electrical Interface: SAS-2 Serial Attached SCSI v2 - 6.0Gbps
On-Board Cache: 64MB
Seagate Savvio ST9146853SS 15K.3 146GB 15K 6Gbps SFF Serial SCSI / SAS Hard Drive - Brand New
The Seagate Savvio 15K.3 drive enables OEMs to build solutions that help data centers process more transactions within a given time frame and meet IT service level agreements. This helps companies increase revenue generation, improve customer satisfaction and complete critical business processes faster while keeping data safe. It also provides the performance benefits needed to entice customers to migrate from legacy, 3.5-inch drives to higher-performing 2.5-inch drives.
Key Features and Benefits
* Doubles Tier 1 data storage capacity (up to 300 GB)
* Provides up to 21% improvement in sequential data read/write performance over prior generation
* Delivers up to 3% faster random read and up to 4% faster random write performance vs. prior generation, and up to 10% faster random read and up to 8% faster random write performance vs. legacy 3.5-inch 15K drives1
* Improves scalability and reliability with 6Gb/s SAS interface support
* Supports Protection Information (PI) to help ensure data is not changed from what the user created—from the moment the data is created throughout the life of the data2
* Improves reliability by up to 20% with an annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.44%
* Instant Secure Erase™ feature cryptographically erases the data encryption key, thereby helping to protect data should drives be lost, stolen or retired.
* Eases transition from legacy 3.5-inch, 15K drives to next-generation 2.5-in, 15K drives
* Unified Storage architecture minimizes system complexity and reduces operating costs.
* Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option helps data centers be compliant with corporate and federal data security mandates.3
Alt. PN: 9SV066-002
All SAS compatible servers including (This list is not all inclusive):
Dell PowerEdge 1900, 1950, 1955, 2900, 2950, 6900, 6950 Servers and MD1120 Storage Arrays.
BL20p G4, BL460c, BL465c, BL480c, DL360 G4p, DL360 G5, DL380 G4, DL380 G5, DL385, DL385 G2, DL580 G3, DL580 G4, DL585, DL585 G2, ML350 G5, ML370 G4, ML370 G5, ML570 G3, ML570 G4, G5, G6, G7
|Model Name||Savvio 15K.3|
|Formatted Capacity||146 Gbytes|
|Rotational Speed||15,000 rpm|
|Default Buffer (cache) Size||64 Mbytes|
|Areal Density (avg)||448Gb/in2|
|External (I/O) Transfer Rate (max)||600 MBytes/sec|
|Sustained Transfer Rate||202 MBytes/sec|
|Average Seek Time, Read||2.7 msec typical|
|Average Seek Time, Write||3.1 msec typical|
|Average latency||2.0 msec typical|
|Avg. Idle Power||3.84W|
|Max Operating Shock (2-msec)||40 Gs|
|Max Nonoperating Shock (2-msec)||300 Gs|
|Operating Vibration (max)||.5 Gs|
|Nonoperating Vibration (max)||2.4 Gs|
|Operating Temperature (max)||55 deg C|
|Operating Temperature (min)||5 deg C|
|Nonoperating Temperature (max)||70 deg C|
|Nonoperating Temperature (min)||-40 deg C|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors||1 per 10^16 bits read|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: 9SV066-002
Weight: 0.5 lb
Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer
The product is brand new.
5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The product has a manufacturer warranty for the time period specified.