Xyratex Part #/MPN: RS-1600-FC
DiscTech Item #: XYR-RS-1600-FC-RF-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: Fibre Channel - External HSSDC DB9
Xyratex Storage Array RS-1600-FC - 16 Bays - Refurbished
Following the very successful Salient (4U, 12 drive) family of storage systems, Xyratex presents its latest product range, the Salient RS family. This equally innovative and cost effective range of high performance, modular, storage systems provides a highly stable and reliable enclosure for sixteen Low Profile (1in) disk drives in only 5.25" of rack space. 16 drives in a 3U rack enclosure represents industry leading capacity in this form factor, with absolutely no compromise in cooling capability up to 40°C ambient conditions. Highly effective cooling ensures your drives will provide the best possible Mean Time Between Failure, maintaining the drive manufacturer’s warranty in full effect.
The standard enclosure is designed for 24x7 operation with fully redundant and hot-swappable data path logic, power supplies, cooling and enclosure management functions. Disk drive carriers are lockable and hot-swappable.
A range of optional modules provides customer flexibility and investment protection. Operating to the latest industry Fibre
Channel standards at 1 or 2Gb/s, enclosures can have a number of JBOD loop architectures or provide high performance RAID where required. By simply swapping IO modules, customers can upgrade from a 1Gb JBOD to a fully featured 2Gb dual RAID system.
The following modules are available for the product; full redundancy is provided if two modules are installed.
• FC-AL Single loop 1Gb, with DB9 or SC Optical connections.
• FC-AL Single or Dual Loop 1Gb/2Gb, with SFP interfaces
• RAID: full function 1Gb/1Gb (Single or dual controllers with integrated Hub function for failover)
• RAID: full function 2Gb/2Gb with dual host ports per controller, single or dual controllers, and integrated hub function
A flexible design approach enables Xyratex to provide functions or features to maximize our OEM partners’ potential; please discuss your requirements with us. Continuing our policy of providing product exclusively for OEM/System Integration Partners, the RS family has been designed with productization to match our customers brand requirements. Disk drive carriers are totally customizable through changes in color and form without incurring major costs.
The drive carriers also have mechanical properties which ensure excellent thermal, EMI and rotational vibration characteristics to support 15K RPM drives and 2Gb operation.
• High drive packing density (16 drives in 3U/5.25")
• Supports FC-AL 2 at 1Gb or 2Gb/s
• Drive cooling provided by 4 Centrifugal blowers
• FCC class A, UL, cUL, and CE mark
• Dual PSUs with Power Factor Correction & autoranging
• -48VDC PSU option for Telco applications
• No active data path components on the midplane
• Operator panel with Enclosure ID selection, status indicators and configuration switches
• Fault Indicators and audible alarm for power, cooling, system faults, loop speed and hub configuration
• Suitable for standard 19" rack or Telco style center of gravity mounting
• Deskside Tower options available
• All components hot swap for maximum availability
• Dual redundant feature select module (see below)
JBOD Feature Modules
• 1Gb LRC - single or dual Sixteen drive loop(s) ~ 2x DB9 or 1x DB9 and 1x SC Optical connectors
• 1Gb/2Gb LRC (single or dual loop) ~ User Configurable as a 2x8 drive or 1x16 drive loop(s) ~ 4x Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) modules per I/O Module ~ LC Optical or HSSDC-2 Cu modules
• All modules incorporate enclosure management and status reporting via SES
• Dual redundant master/slave SES with two I/O modules installed• FRU Fault indicators
RAID Feature Modules
• 1Gb 1x2 RAID controller (one or two) ~ RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 10, 30, 50 and JBOD ~ GBIC Cu or Optical interface ~ Max 112 drives per system ~ Up to 16.4 TB capacity with 146GB drives (15.3TB RAID 5 protected)
• 1Gb/2Gb 2x2 RAID controller (one or two) ~ RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 10, 30, 50 and JBOD ~ 2 x SFP LC Optical or Cu 2Gb Interface ~ 2 x 1Gb or 2Gb/s Drive loops ~ 350+ MB/s performance ~ Max 112 drives per system ~ Up to 16.4 TB capacity with 146GB drives (15.3TB RAID 5 protected)
• 10/100 Ethernet outbound management port
Height: 3U (5.25in)
Width: 19inch IEC Rack compliant
Depth: JBOD and 1Gb RAID 500mm, 2Gb RAID 600mm (max)
Power: Max 450W
Voltage: 110 to 260V AC Single Phase 48-62 Hz or -48VDC
Acoustics: Less than 6.0 B LwA @ 20°C
Temperature Operational: 5 to 40°C, 20 to 80% Humidity Altitude: 0 to 2133m (0 to 7,000 ft)
Operational Shock: 5g 10ms 1/2 Sine
Operational Vibration: -0.21 grms 5-500Hz Random
Non-Op Shock: 30g 10ms 1 /2 Sine
Non-Op vibration: -1.04 grms 2-200Hz Random
Relocation Vibration: -0.3g 2-200Hz Sine
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 80 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product has been built, rebuilt or repaired at the original manufacturer's factory (Note we NEVER sell 3rd party repaired items, as we do not find them to be reliable enough). Often these products are extremely close to new in condition, except that they contain at least one recycled or repaired component. Failure rates are often lower on these devices since they have been far more thoroughly tested than new items. Watch a video about our refurbishing process