IBM Part #/MPN: 00FN175
DiscTech Item #: IBM-00FN178-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Electrical Interface: SATA 600 - 6.0Gbps
IBM 00FN178 6TB 3.5in 7.2KRPM 6Gbps 512e NL G2SS SATA HDD Kit 69Y5342 for System x3650 M5, M4, x 3630 M4, x3550 M5, M4, x3530 M4, x3500 M4, x3300 M4, x3250 M4 - Brand New
IBM 00FN178 6000GB 3.5" 7200RPM 6.0Gbps 512 Emulation Near Line Gen2 Simple Swap Serial Advanced Technology Attachment Hard Disk Drive Kit 69Y5342 for System x3650 M5, M4, x 3630 M4, x3550 M5, M4, x3530 M4, x3500 M4, x3300 M4, x3250 M4 - Brand New
Alt MPN: 00FN180
As the newest additions to the IBM System x® family of 3.5-inch NL SATA HDDs, the 7,200 rpm, 6 Gbps 3.5-inch hot-swap and simple-swap HDDs offer the highest-density drive options and provide a broad selection of choices to satisfy a wide range of applications. The drives are 512 emulation (512e) HDDs, a type of Advanced Format drive that is a new technology for increasing drive capacities while maintaining data integrity. These new drives are positioned at the top of the IBM NL SATA HDD line.
The new 7,200 rpm 6 Gbps NL SATA drives are offered in a 3.5-inch form factor. The NL SATA drives are available in hot-swap and simple-swap versions.
Key features and benefits include:
- Higher density: 512e NL SATA drives meet client requirements for larger capacities.
- RoHS compliance: 7,200 rpm 3.5-inch NL SATA drives are RoHS compliant.
- Reliability: Outstanding reliability enables operation in RAID environments without compromising application performance or availability.
You can increase your storage and data management effectiveness when you install these new high-density NL SATA drives in your IBM System x configurations.
Performance characteristics include:
- Formatted capacity of 2,000,000 MB through 6,000,000 MB.
- Drive-to-host interface that supports up to 6.0 Gbps burst rate in NL SATA drives.
- Drive media to buffer interface that supports sustained interface data transfers of up to 194 MB per second average.
- Spindle speed of 7,200 rpm.
- NL SATA hot-swap or simple-swap capability.
- Native SATA interface
For optimal performance with 512e drives, the host system software stack must be 512e aware.Reliability
- NL SATA compliance enables these HDDs to connect directly to selected System x systems.
- S.M.A.R.T. technology allows software utilities to alert you of certain impending drive failures so replacements can be made before a problem occurs.
- Rigorous testing through the ServerProven® program instills confidence that your storage subsystem 1 is compatible and will function reliably.
|System x3650 M5||System x3650 M4||System x3630 M4||System x3550 M5|
|System x3550 M4||System x3530 M4||System x3500 M4||System x3300 M4|
|System x3250 M5|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: 00FN180
Weight: 2.5 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty