IBM Part #/MPN: 00FN258
DiscTech Item #: IBM-00FN258-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Electrical Interface: SAS-3 Serial Attached SCSI v3 - 12.0Gbps
IBM 00FN258 6TB 3.5in 12Gbps 7.2K RPM 512e NL G2HS SED SAS HDD Kit 69Y5284 for System x3650 M4, x3630 M4, x3550 M4, x3530 M4, x3500 M4, x3300 M4 x3250 M5 - Brand New
IBM 00FN258 6TB 3.5" 12.0 Gbps 7200RPM 512 Emulation Near Line Gen2 Hot Swap Self-Encrypting Drive Serial Attached SCSI Hard Disk Drive Kit 69Y5284 for System x3650 M4, x3630 M4, x3550 M4, x3530 M4, x3500 M4, x3300 M4 x3250 M5 - Brand New
As the newest additions to the IBM System x family of 3.5-inch NL SAS HDDs and NL SAS SEDs, the 7,200 rpm, 6 Gbps and 12 Gbps 3.5-inch hot-swap drives offer the highest-density drive options and provide a broad selection of choices to satisfy a wide range of applications. The drives are 512 emulation (512e) HDDs and SEDs, a type of Advanced Format drive that is a new technology for increasing drive capacities while maintaining data integrity. These new drives are positioned at the top of the IBM NL SAS HDD line.
The new 7,200 rpm 6 Gbps and 12 Gbps NL SAS drives are offered in a 3.5-inch form factor. The NL SAS drives are available as hot-swap versions.
The SED is designed to reduce the vulnerability of data at rest to potentially costly exposures of proprietary data resulting from hard drives being stolen, misplaced, or improperly disposed.
Key features and benefits include:
- Increased bandwidth. NL SAS HDD/SEDs support 12 Gbps link rates.
- Higher density. 512e NL SAS drives meet client requirements for larger capacities - up to 6 TB.
- RoHS compliance. 7,200 rpm 3.5-inch NL SAS HDDs drives are RoHS compliant.
- Reliability. Outstanding reliability enables operation in RAID environments without compromising application performance or availability.
- Security. The self-encrypting drives include drive-level AES 256 encryption. These drives are compatible with Security Key Lifecycle Manager (SKLM) for System x, which offers centralized, automated and simple encryption key management of SEDs in local and distributed System x environments.
You can increase your storage and data management effectiveness when you install these new high-density SAS drives in your IBM System x configurations.
Performance characteristics include:
- Drive-to-host interface that supports up to 12.0 Gbps burst rate in NL SAS drives. 12.0 Gbps burst rate NL SAS performance is possible when used on a System x server with 12 Gbps devices and infrastructure.
- Drive media to buffer interface that supports sustained interface data transfers of up to 194 MB per second average.
- Spindle speed of 7,200 rpm.
- Hot-swap capability for NL SAS drives.
- SAS interface.
For optimal performance with 512e drives, the host system software stack must be 512e aware.
- NL SAS compliance enables these HDDs and SEDs to connect directly to selected System x systems.
- S.M.A.R.T. allows software utilities to alert you of certain impending drive failures so replacements can be made before a problem occurs.
- Rigorous testing through the ServerProven® program instills confidence that your storage subsystem is compatible and will function reliably.
|System x3650 M4||System x3630 M4||System x3550 M4||System x3530 M4|
|System x3500 M4||System x3300 M4||System x3250 M4|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200|
|Sepf-Encrypting Drive||AES 256 encryption|
|Temperature||5° to 55°C (41° to 131°F) at -300 m to 3,048 m (-1000 ft to 10,000 ft)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 90% (noncondensing)|
|Maximum Altitude (m/ft)||3,048/10,000|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 2.5 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty