INTEL Part #/MPN: RS25GB008
DiscTech Item #: INT-RS25GB008-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI, SATA, PCIe, SFF-8088
Form Factor: Half-Height/Half-Length
Electrical Interface: PCIe - v3.0 - 16GBps
Intel RS25GB008 PCIe SAS/SATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel RS25GB008 PCI Express, SAS, Serial ATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel® RAID Controller RS25GB008
2nd generation SAS-2 6-GB SAS host bus adapter for entry applications
- LSI SAS2308 dual-core I/O controller providing SAS 2.0 compliance, including 6Gb/s data transfer.
- Two SFF8088 SAS/SATA connectors for up to eight external ports.
- x8 PCI Express Gen 3 interface for fast communication with the server board.
Maximum Connectivity and Performance in a Low-Profile Form Factor
The Intel® RAID Controller RS25GB008, a second generation SAS-2/SATA-3 card with eight external ports, is designed to provide native SAS or SATA external connectivity for users implementing hybrid server platforms connected to external storage enclosures.
This controller optimizes usage of both solid-state storage and large capacity storage configurations built on hard disk drives. The Intel® RAID Controller RS25GB008 unleashes the Intel® I/O Processor (Intel® IOP) and throughput potential of Intel® Solid-State Drives (Intel® SSD) running in a native SAS/SATA environment. Users deploying this controller in hard disk drive-based (HDD) server environments are likely to experience significant performance gains compared to previous generation controllers.
- Native SAS connectivity - Support native SAS or SATA connectivity through two external SFF 8088 connectors, which provide up to 4800-MB/s capability.
- Excellent performance - A dual-core LSI SAS2308 SAS controller and x8 PCI Express Gen 2 host interface can provide up to 465,000 I/O’s per second, ideal of SSD usage.
- Inside-the-box design flexibility - With a true MD2 form factor, this adapter is ideal for low-profile height and half-length adapter slots. Eight external 6-Gb/s SAS ports allow external connection to 6-Gb/s or 3-Gb/s high-performance SAS drives, high-capacity SATA drives or a combination of both.
- Outstanding compatibility - Supports major operating systems releases with both drivers and utilities, including Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Many versions of Linux are supported with utilities and open source drives, including Red Hat, SuSE Linux, and CentOS; and there is utility and driver support for FreeBSD and Solaris.
This controller card is compatible with any server that includes PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots.
|Description||6G SAS HBA Controller (no raid) with 8 external ports. LSI2308 IO Controller.|
|Board Form Factor||Low-Profile MD2|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb/s|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Nexenta, VMware|
|Compatible Battery Backup Options||None|
|RAID Level Supported||JBOD|
|Number of Ports Internal||0|
|Number of Ports External||8|
|Number of Devices Supported||1024|
|PCIe Host Interface||PCI Express 3.0 x 8|
|IO Processor Model||LSI2308|
|Keying||PCIe x8 Connector|
|Connector Orientation||External 8088|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty