INTEL Part #/MPN: RS25NB008
DiscTech Item #: INT-RS25NB008-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI, SATA, PCIe, SFF-8088
Form Factor: Half-Height/Half-Length
Electrical Interface: PCIe - v2.0 - 8GBps
On-Board Cache: 1GB
Intel RS25NB008 1GB Eight External Ports 6Gbps PCie SAS/SATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel RS25NB008 1GB Eight External Ports 6.0 Gbps PCi Express SAS, Serial ATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel® RAID Controller RS25NB008 - 2nd generation SAS-2/SATA-3 card with eight external ports
- LSI SAS2208 dual-core RAID-on-chip (ROC) controller providing SAS 2.0 compliance, including 6-Gb/s data transfer.
- Embedded 1-GB 800 MHz cache (ECC DD3 memory).
- Two SFF8088 SAS/SATA connectors for up to eight external ports.
- Speaker to deliver audible alerts. x8 PCI Express Gen 3 interface for fast communication with the server board.
- Optional: Intel® RAID Smart Battery AXXRSBBU9 offering cache protection with up to five years of service life.
Performance, flexibility, and availability
The Intel® RAID Controller RS25NB008, a second generation SAS-2/SATA-3 card with eight external ports, delivers two 800 MHz processor cores and a 72-bit DDR3 interface that drives 1-GB cache memory. For users implementing hybrid server platforms, this controller provides external RAID connectivity that is designed to optimize usage of both solid-state storage and large capacity storage built on hard disk drives (HDD).
The Intel RAID Controller RS25NB008 unleashes the input/output operations per second (IOPs) and throughput potential of solid state drives (SSDs) to provide exceptional storage performance, and users deploying this controller in HDD-based server environments are likely to experience significant performance gains compared to previous-generation controllers.
Intel® RAID Software and data protection
The Intel® RAID Controller RS25NB008 is supported by the Intel® RAID Web Console 2, which enhances RAID volume creation by allowing administrators to further optimize their storage for application performance and data protection. Through the use of an intuitive graphical user interface, Intel RAID Web Console 2 deploys all the critical system storage functions without a time-consuming learning curve.
Data protection feature highlights
- Online capacity expansion
- Hot-spare support: global and dedicated
- Singler controller multipathing (failover)
- Enclosure management
- Background consistency checking
- Patrol read for media functionality
- Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART) support
- Scalable performance.
- Exceptional data protection - Supports data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6) plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60).
- Excellent performance - A dual-core LSI SAS2208 ROC, x8 PCI Express Gen2 host interface, and 1GB of 800 MHz cache enhances the performance of mainstream applications.
- Inside-the-box design flexibility - With a true MD2 form factor, this adapter is ideal for low-profile height and half-length adapter slots. Eight external 6-Gb/s SAS ports allow connection to 6-Gb/s or 3-Gb/s high-performance SAS drives, high-capacity SATA drives, or a combination of both.
- Outstanding availability - Delivers proactive drive monitoring and automatic error correction. A new battery (optional accessory) offers multiple operating modes, including high heat tolerance and five-year service life options.
- Support for premium feature upgrade - Includes a connector for an optional hardware-based key for the Intel® RAID SSD Cache with FastPath I/Oupgrade enabling the use of one or more SSDs as a large cache pool for the RAID controller, significantly improving the performance of many server applications.
This controller card is compatible with any server that includes PCI-E 2.0 x8 slots.
|Description||6G SAS RAID Controller with 8 external ports and dual core ROC.|
|Target Market||Scalable Performance|
|Board Form Factor||Low-Profile MD2|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb/s|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Solaris, VMware|
|Compatible Battery Backup Options||AXXRSBBU9|
|RAID Level Supported||0, 1 ,5, 6, 10, 50, 60|
|Number of Ports Internal||0|
|Number of Ports External||8|
|Number of Devices Supported||128|
|Embedded Memory||1 GB|
|PCIe Host Interface||PCI Express 2.0 x 8|
|IO Processor Model||LSI2208|
|Keying||PCIe x8 Connector|
|Connector Orientation||External 8088|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty