INTEL Part #/MPN: RS2BL080
DiscTech Item #: INT-RS2BL080-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI, SATA, PCIe, SFF-8087
Form Factor: Half-Height/Half-Length
Electrical Interface: PCIe - v2.0 - 8GBps
On-Board Cache: 512MB
Intel RS2BL080 512MB Eight-Port 6Gbps PCIe SAS/SATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel RS2BL080 512MB Eight-Port 6Gbps PCI Express, SAS, Serial ATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL080 Compact Eight-Port 6G SAS PCIe 2.0 RAID Adapter for Mainstream Applications
The Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL080, a first-generation 6Gb/s SAS adapter incorporating LSI MegaRAID technology, offers unprecedented performance with exceptional data protection and design flexibility. Features including LSI’s SAS2108 6Gb/s RAID on Chip (ROC) silicon and a native PCI Express 2.0 architecture allow for significant performance gains for both 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s drive-based solutions. Data protection and availability are enhanced by new features including Decision Feedback Equalization for greater signal integrity, enhanced diagnostics, and more robust error reporting.
All Intel RAID solutions are validated across multiple platforms with Intel® boards, chassis, and systems. Customized training, as well as Intel® service and support, makes Intel the one source for customers seeking data protection, increased produc tivity, and simplified IT.
- Exceptional data protection. Supports data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6) plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60).
- Excellent performance. LSI SAS2108 ROC technology, x8 PCI Express 2.0 host interface and 800 MHz cache enhances the performance of mainstream applications.
- Inside-the-box design flexibility. With a true MD2 form factor, this adapter is ideal for low-profile height and halflength adapter slots. Eight internal 6 Gb/s SAS ports allow connection to 6Gb/s or 3Gb/s high-performance SAS drives, high-capacity SATA drives or a combination of both. Outstanding availability. Delivers proactive drive monitoring and automatic error correction. An optional battery backup maintains the integrity of data in transit to drives in the event of a power interruption.
- Optional Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) Support. The RS2BL080 “DE” (Disk Encryption) model allows for management and protection of SEDs using a simple pass phrase, security key identifier, and security key file. This is a significant step forward in securing a drive’s data from any unauthorized access or modification resulting from theft, loss, or repurposing of drives.
- Embedded 512 MB 800 MHz cache (ECC DDR2 memory) to efficiently store data in transition
- Speaker to deliver audible alerts
- Two SFF8087 SAS/SATA connectors for up to eight internal ports
- x8 PCI Express 2.0 interface for fast communication with the server board
- LSI SAS2108 ROC controller providing SAS 2.0 compliance including 6Gb/s data transfer
- Two internal cables with SFF8087 connectors that expand to four individual
This controller card is compatible with any server that includes PCI-E 2.0 x8 slots.
|Description||6G SAS RAID Controller with 8 internal ports.|
|Board Form Factor||Low-Profile MD2|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb/s|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Solaris, VMware|
|Compatible Battery Backup Options||AXXRSBBU7 or AXXRSVVU8|
|RAID Level Supported||0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60|
|Number of Ports Internal||8|
|Number of Ports External||0|
|Number of Devices Supported||240|
|Embedded Memory||512 MB|
|PCIe Host Interface||PCI Express 2.0 x 8|
|IO Processor Model||LSI2108|
|Keying||PCIe x8 Connector|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty