INTEL Part #/MPN: RS3FC044
DiscTech Item #: INT-RS3FC044-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI, SATA, PCIe, SFF-8643
Form Factor: Half-Height/Half-Length
Electrical Interface: PCIe - v3.0 - 16GBps
Intel RS3FC044 Four Internal and Four External Port 12Gbps PCIe SAS/SATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel RS3FC044 Four Internal and Four External Port 12.0 Gbps PCI Express, SAS, Serial ATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Entry-level Intel® RAID RS3 Controller
12Gb/s SAS-3 technology for connectivity and basic data protection
As big data continues to increase exponentially and becomes the foundation that supports productivity, growth and innovation, organizations require a higher performance storage solution. Now with Intel® RAID RS3 controllers, powered by LSI technology, organizations can achieve a higher level of storage performance designed to meet the demands of I/O-intensive applications, cloud datacenters and virtualized server environments. By utilizing Intel® RAID RS3 controllers as a basis for their storage infrastructure, businesses can achieve more than 1 million IOPs in JBOD mode, accelerating business-critical applications in enterprise, Web and cloud datacenters.
12Gb/s SAS-3 technology doubles the available bandwidth of current 6Gb/s SAS solutions unlocking the full potential of PCI Express® 3.0-based systems and solid-state storage solutions. The greatly improved throughput and I/O processing capabilities maximize link utilization thereby supporting the highest performance SSD and increased scaling of traditional hard disk drives.
The entry-level Intel RAID RS3 controllers provides powerful performance and scalability without relying on system resources for RAID 0,1,1E. While many other SAS controllers utilize large RAID software stacks between the host CPU and controller, the Intel RAID RS3 family uses the embedded CPU in the LSI 3008 ASIC to perform RAID 0,1 and 1E/10 operations. The ultra-thin driver affords low RAID overhead for high host CPU offload with excellent read/write performance. Plus, Intel RAID RS3 controllers offer backwards compatibility, which can enhance the performance of 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s infrastructures. Furthermore, the Intel RAID RS3 controllers deliver scalability, with support for up to 244 physical devices, multiple RAID arrays and industry-leading interoperability.
The new Intel® RAID 12Gb/s controller RS3 family provides the next generation of storage performance to meet the current and future demands of today’s datacenters. These entry-level controllers are also perfect for 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s as they provide a faster processor and also allow for 12Gb/s data transfer when teamed with a SAS-3 compliant expander. This provides room to grow by paving the way for 12Gb/s infrastructures as server demands increase and technology progresses.
Entry-Level Intel® RAID Controller RS3
- LSI SAS 3108 I/O processor supporting over 1 million IOPs1
- Up to 2 internal High Density Mini-SAS connectors with up to eight ports of 12Gb/s bandwidth per port
- Up to 2 external High Density Mini-SAS connectors with up to eight ports of 12Gb/s bandwidth per port
- x8 PCI Express connector with support for Generation 3 protocol
- “Heartbeat” LED for visual verification that the card is functioning properly
- Internal and External Connectivity – Internal ports allow for a RAID array within a system while external ports allow for connecting to a JBOD or SAS switch.
- Cost Effective Data Protection – Provides a low-cost RAID 0,1, and 1E solution for entry-level server and workstation environments that need high-performance and reliable data protection.
- Hybrid RAID 5 with RS3WC080 – The Intel® RAID Controller RS3WC080 design is based on LSI MegaRAID* technology that offers RAID 5 capability with many of the same features as Intel’s mainstream RAID products. (Note: RAID 5 is firmware based but utilizes system resources, which makes it “Hybrid”.)
- SAS or SATA Storage – Connect SAS or SATA devices within the array for speed, reliability and scalability and use high-capacity SATA drives for budget-friendly storage.
- Featuring Compatibility with Intel® Server Products – All Intel RAID solutions are validated across multiple platforms with Intel® boards, chassis and systems. When used together, they deliver the best combination of performance, built-in capabilities, and cost-efficiencies that meet the demands of big data now and into the future.
This controller card is compatible with any server that includes PCI-E Gen 3 slots.
|Description||12Gb/s SAS, 6Gb/s SATA, LSI3008 IOC-based entry-RAID 0,1,1E,10 & JBOD, x8 PCIe 3.0, 4 internal and 4 external ports, MD2 Low Profile, half-length form factor.|
|Board Form Factor||Low Profile MD2|
|Data Transfer Rate||12 Gb/s|
|RAID Level Supported||0, 1, 1E, 10, JBOD|
|Number of Ports Internal||4|
|Number of Ports External||4|
|Number of Devices Supported||244|
|PCIe Host Interface||x8 PCIe Gen3|
|IO Processor Model||LSI3008 IOC|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty