PROMISE Part #/MPN: VTA38HFDM3
DiscTech Item #: PRO-VTA38HFDM3-BN-3Y
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI, SATA, Fibre Channel - Internal - Arbitrated Loop ASA II, Ethernet RJ45, SFF-8088
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Electrical Interface: FC-AL - 8Gbps
On-Board Cache: 32GB
U Height: 4U
Voltage: 110-240V Multi
Promise Technology VTrak VTA38HFDM3 A3800fDM Series 4U 48TB Fibre Channel SAN / NAS RAID Subsystem Storage Array w/ HDDS - Brand New
Promise Technology VTrak VTA38HFDM3 A3800fDM Series 4U 48TB (24 x 2TB) Fibre Channel Dual Controller SAN / NAS RAID Subsystem Storage Array with Hard Disk Drives - Brand New
This array includes 24x 2TB 7.2K 3.5" 6Gbps NL-SAS hard drives.
Scale out High Performance and High Capacity
The VTrak A3800 shared SAN appliance is ideal for multi-user collaboration to ingest, edit, stream, and process rich media. The VTrakFS™ file system software integrated with metadata controllers and VTrak primary storage in a single box enables higher performance and workload productivity and for easier management. It is an “All in one” RAID storage subsystem, with integrated metadata appliance and embedded filesystem for Big Data with NAS Gateway.
The NAS Gateway enables hundreds of clients in the LAN network to access the highly scalable fibre channel SAN appliance via 10Gb Ethernet. While the NAS Gateway contains a file sharing protocol and file system management, the benefit is that the backend VTrak A3800 SAN can scale to petabytes while still appearing as a single NAS folder interface. This eliminates the need to reconfigure clients, as done in traditional NAS environments when additional storage is required.
Fast and Simple
VTrak A-Class is optimized for high performance, high bandwidth rich media applications requiring large block sequential IOPs. Plus, it's much less complicated that competing solutions because it's an “all-in-one” metadata appliance, RAID storage subsystem, and file system (VTrakFS™).
Scalable, Reliable and Cost-Efficient
With A-Class you can “pay as you grow” from 32TB to over 7PB for long-term storage investment protection. Additionally, VTrak x30 is the only Apple-qualified enterprise SAN subsystem, with high-availability dual controllers, hot-swappable modular disk array, and included 3-Year warranty. The A-Class can save 30-40% rack space and energy costs compared to nonintegrated multi-vendor solutions.
Optimized for Video Centric Environments
PROMISE VTrakFS™ file system is optimized for leveraging 8Gb FC interface for large file data ingesting, streaming, or processing between a SAN and its clients – unlike NAS file systems. Data is directly transferred between the SAN appliance and clients over the SAN FC network. This means higher bandwidth performance and lower latency data transfers, as required by Media & Entertainment, HPC applications, and other video-centric environments.
Store Massive Amounts of Data
Store massive amount of data required by media centric and HPC environments. Scale across multiple RAID storage subsystems thus scaling in capacity and performance.
- Supports 1024 RAID Logical Drives to make up the volume(s).
- JBODs can be added dynamically to increase the storage space
- All this can be done online without interrupting the clients.
Supersized File System for Big Data
VTrak A-Class virtualizes storage to create a single name space, shared storage volume.
- Each VTrakFS™ consists of a metadata LUN (MDL) and data LUNs (DL)
- MDL contains information about file location, size, access times, etc.
- VTrak A Class head unit manages directing each client the correct file info over 1Gb Ethernet, but each Client has full speed access to actual data via 8Gb Fibre Channel
- Scalable, High Performance & Bandwidth 64-bit SAN File System
- 8G FC interface
- Data path over FC
- Single name space with file system spanning across multiple storage units
- High Availability
- Active-Standby SAN FS metadata server
- Active-Active RAID controller
- Metadata Journaling
- POSIX compliance
- Client support for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Multiple clients access shared files, best for sharing and collaboration
- Optional external NAS extension gateway cluster provides legacy NFS and CIFS protocol access to files
- Online defragmentation
- Online expansion of data volume
- Each File system volume can be individually tuned for the usage of the volume
- Soft and hard quotas and user per missions
- Local ACL for small user groups (20 users)
- Integration with AD and LDAP for ACL
- Client node ACL
- Multipath support on clients
- Provides intelligent fault detection and notification tool on clients
|Capacity||32TB to 7PB raw|
Non-disruptive expansion using:
|VTrakFS File System|
|Availability||Redundant Controllers Hot-Swappable Power Supply Units Hot-Swappable Controllers Non-Disruptive Firmware/Software Updates Hot-Swappable Disk Drive|
|Interface||Quad 8G Fibre Channel ports per controller (total of 8 ports for high availability system)|
|RAID Support||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60|
|Power Eciency||Four levels of advanced power management disk drive (MAID) support Efficient 80Plus Certified power supplies|
|Management Tools/Interface||Single VTrak A-Class SAN management software Embedded management using VTrak A-Class SAN management software (via Ethernet) Advanced Command Line Interface (Serial Port or Ethernet via telnet and SSH) Third Party Management support via SNMP, CIM|
|Client Licenses||10 Universal or 30 Mac Only included Supports hundreds of clients|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 124 lb
Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer
The product is brand new.
3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The product has a manufacturer warranty for the time period specified.