Seagate Part #/MPN: ST12000NM0008
DiscTech Item #: SGT-ST12000NM0008-NP-OE
This item is out of stock. Please contact us for options.
- Special Order - Call for Lead TimeSpecial Order - Call for Lead Time
This item has a variable lead time for fulfilment. Please call us to discuss. Your credit card will be authorized in full on the day of ordering; it will not be charged until the day of shipment.
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Electrical Interface: SATA 600 - 6.0Gbps
On-Board Cache: 256MB
EXOS X14 and Exos X14z
Seagate manufactures hard drives that specifically address the needs of the hyperscale storage market. As the flagship of the Seagate® X class, the Exos™ X14 and Exos X14z enterprise hard drives are the highest-capacity hard drives in the fleet.
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centers
- Massive scale-out data centers
- Big data applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph Enterprise backup and restore— D2D, virtual tape
- Centralized surveillance
easily reformatted to 4Kn (and vice versa) with the FastFormat
• FastFormat only works with 512e and 4Kn. You can’t use FastFormat with 512-byte native drives.
• FastFormat reformats the drive, so all data on the drive will be lost once you issue the command. Don’t forget to back up your data before issuing FastFormat!
• T10 fast format conversion between 4K and 512E configurations is possible only if sector sizes are exact multiples of 8.
• The new sector size will take effect only after a fast format.
Compatibility: Compatible with systems that support 12TB 3.5" SATA HDDS
|Exos Enterprise X14|
|Standard Model FastFormat (512e/4Kn)||ST12000NM0008|
|Interface||6Gb/s SATA III|
|Capacity||142TB / 12000GB|
|Helium Sealed-Drive Design||Yes|
|Protection Information (T10 DIF)||---|
|Cache, Multisegmented (MB)||256|
|Organic Solderability Preservative||Yes|
|RSA 2048 Firmware Verification||Yes|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)||2,500,000|
|Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR)||0.35%|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||1 Sector per 1015|
|Power-On Hours per Year (24×7)||8760|
|512e Sector Size (Bytes per Sector)|
|4Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Sector)|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200|
|Interface Access Speed (Gb/s)|
|Max Sustainable Transfer Rate|
|Random Rewad/Write 4K QD03 WCD (IOPS)||170/418|
|Average Latency (ms)||4.16|
|Rotational Vibration @ 20-1500Hz (rad/sec)||12.5|
|Idle A (W) Average|
|Max Operating, Random Read/Write 4K/16Q (W)|
|Power Supply Requirements||+12 V and +5 V|
|Temperature, Operating (°C)||5°C - 60°C|
|Vibration, Nonoperating: 2 to 500Hz (Grms)||2.27|
|Shock, Operating Read/Write (Gs)||70/40Gs|
|Shock, Nonoperating, 1ms/2ms (Gs)||250|
|Height (in/mm, max)||1.028in/26.1mm|
|Weight (in/mm, max)||4.010in/101.85mm|
|Depth (in/mm, max)||5.787in/147.0mm|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: 2H3101-002
Weight: 1.8 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product has been mounted in a brand new system (e.g. server), then removed from the system, before entering service. These products may have some hours of usage due to system build time / burn-in / testing etc. New Pulls are guaranteed to have at least 95% (often 99%) of their service life remaining , they may show signs of being physically mounted and dismounted. All handling is performed by trained technicians, taking full ESD precautions.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty