Seagate Part #/MPN: ST9500530NS
DiscTech Item #: SGT-ST9500530NS-FR-6M
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 2.5inx15mm SFF Server Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Sustained Throughput: 95
Average Seek Time: 8.5 / 9.5
Electrical Interface: SATA 300 - 3.0Gbps
On-Board Cache: 32MB
Seagate Constellation ST9500530NS 500GB 3Gbps 7.2K 2.5in SATA Enterprise Hard Drive - Factory Recertified
The Constellation 7200 hard drive enables manageable nearline storage solutions in 2.5" chassis — either direct attach or in a tiered storage environment — at the lowest power usage without compromising performance or reliability. Constellation 500GB SATA drives deliver cost-effective, eco-friendly nearline storage.Key Features and Benefits
- Lowest operating power & enhanced power options with PowerChoice™ for even greater power savings during slow or idle periods
- First 2.5", 15mm business critical drive on the market designed for enterprise reliability, vibration performance and high data integrity. Fits in more server & storage slots!
- Fastest Tier 2/Nearline HDD on the market (SAS @ 6Gb/s speed). At a system level (with more drives) the performance will be >2x as compared to 3.5" HDD.
- The highest capacity 2.5" enterprise drive with 500GB with both SAS and SATA interfaces. (160GB SATA also available for boot/entry server applications)
- 6Gbps SAS 2.0 allows for easier integration, enhanced features and outstanding performance
- Government-grade self-encrypting drive (SED) on SAS models
- Best performing nearline drive with Best-in-class Rotational Vibration
ALT. PN: 9FY156
This drive is compatible with any of our SATA drive trays and any of our SATA controllers.
Formatted Gbytes (512 bytes/sector)
Bytes per sector
Spindle speed (RPM)
I/O data transfer rate (MBps)
Seek time (read / write) ms
8.5 / 9.5
Track-to-track seek (read / write) ms
0.8 / 1.0
Dimensions (HxLxW) mm
14.8 / 100.5 / 70
Operating Shock (Read)
Temperature - Operating
Temperature - Non-operating
-40C - 70C
Current Requirements 12VDC (Read/Write, Idle)
3.5w / 2.6w
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: 9FY156
Warranty: 6 Month Manufacturer
The product has been built, rebuilt or repaired at the original manufacturer's factory (Note we NEVER sell 3rd party repaired items, as we do not find them to be reliable enough). Often these products are extremely close to new in condition, except that they contain at least one recycled or repaired component. Failure rates are often lower on these devices since they have been far more thoroughly tested than new items.
The product has a manufacturer warranty for the time period specified.
6 Month Manufacturer Warranty