CISCO Part #/MPN: VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1
DiscTech Item #: CIS-VWIC2-1MFT-T1-E1-NP-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: Serial DB60
Cisco VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 2nd Gen 1 Port MFT Voice WAN Interface Card for 1721, 1751 and 1760, Modular Access Routers, 2600XM Multiservice Router, 2691 Multiservice Platform, 3662 Telco Versatile DCN Access Platform, 3725 and 3745 Multiservice Routers, and the 1841, 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845 Integrated Services Routers. - New Pull
Cisco VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 2nd Generation 1 Port Multiflex Trunk VoiceWide area network Interface Card for 1721, 1751 and 1760, Modular Access Routers, 2600XM Multiservice Router, 2691 Multiservice Platform, 3662 Telco Versatile DCN Access Platform, 3725 and 3745 Multiservice Routers, and the 1841, 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845 Integrated Services Routers. - New Pull
The Cisco ® Second-generation 1- and 2-port T1/E1 Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Interface (MFT VWIC2s) support data and voice applications on the Cisco 1721 (data only), 1751 and 1760 Modular Access Routers, the Cisco 2600XM Multiservice Router, the Cisco 2691 Multiservice Platform, the Cisco 3662 Telco Versatile DCN Access Platform, the Cisco 3725 and 3745 Multiservice Routers, and the Cisco 1841 (data only), 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845 Integrated Services Routers. The Cisco MFT VWIC2 combines WAN-interface-card (WIC) and voice-interface-card (VIC) functions to provide unparalleled flexibility, versatility, and investment protection through its many uses. Customers who choose to integrate data and voice in multiple steps preserve their investment in a T1/E1 WAN interface because the Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards can be reused in packet voice applications.
The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards add numerous improvements over the Cisco 1- and 2-port T1/E1 Multiflex Voice/WAN Interface Cards (MFT VWICs). The MFT VWIC2 cards have an onboard slot for a Cisco MFT Dedicated Echo Cancellation (ECAN) Module offering an enhanced echo-cancellation capability for demanding network conditions. The T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 cards support both T1 and E1, providing additional flexibility in configuring the Cisco MFT VWIC2s for supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 for both voice and WAN applications. All MFT VWIC2 modules now include the drop-and-insert multiplexing capability, which eliminates costly external third-party channel service units/data service units (CSUs/DSUs) and drop-and-insert multiplexers. The Cisco 2-port MFT VWIC2s also can enable each port to be clocked from independent clock sources for data applications. This independent clocking capability is not supported for voice applications or with the Cisco ATM/Voice Advanced Integration Modules.
The Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards can either be inserted into the WIC, VWIC and high-speed WIC (HWIC) slots on the supported Cisco 1721, 1751, 1760, 1841, 2600XM, 2691, 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3662, 3725, 3745, 3825, and 3845 access routers, or they can be used in the VWIC slot(s) on the Digital T1/E1 Packet Voice Trunk Network Module (NM-HDV), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice/Fax Network Modules (NM-HDV2), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice NM with 1 T1/E1 (part number NM-HDV2-1T1/E1), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice NM with 2 T1/E1, 2 slot IP Communications Enhanced Voice/Fax Network Modules, 2 WAN Card Slot Network Module, 1 10/100 Ethernet 1 4/16 Token Ring 2 WAN Card Slot NM, 1 10/100 Ethernet 2 WAN Card Slot Network Module, and 2 10/100 Ethernet 2 WAN Card Slot Network Module when used with a supported access router.
The Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards are offered in single- and dual-port versions, which can be used and then redeployed as network requirements change, thereby addressing several applications:
- T1/E1 data---The Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and E1structured G.703 applications. To simplify remote management, these MFT VWIC2 cards integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.
- E1/G.703 data---The Cisco 1- and 2- port G.703 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1 (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications. To simplify remote management, the G.703 version includes a fully managed DSU. The G.703 versions also support all the capabilities on the T1/E1 versions.
- T1/E1 packet voice---The Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 (voice and WAN) versions act as a VIC, supporting packet voice applications by providing T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 connections to private branch exchanges (PBXs) and central offices, thereby enabling new services and reducing voice and fax toll charges.
- Mixed data and packet voice---The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards can simultaneously support both data and voice, reducing the complexity and number of network components and facilitating a graceful migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice.
- Mixed data and packet voice with drop and insert---The Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards can be deployed as a T1/E1 drop-and-insert multiplexer with integrated DSUs/CSUs, reducing the complexity of the network and the cost of the central-office ports by efficiently combining time-division multiplexing (TDM) voice (PBX), IP voice, and data on the same trunks. Note the Cisco 1721, 1751 and 1760 support drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card while Cisco 2800 and 3800 ISR routers supports drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card and two ports over two different VWICs.
Reduces Networking Lifecycle Costs
- Enables graceful migration from data-only to multiplexed data and voice to packetized voice applications
- Reduces training, deployment, management, and sparing inventory over single-purpose interfaces
- Maximizes investment protection
- Simplifies network configuration and sparing through the support of both T1 and E1 on the same card
- Offers multifunction support for LAN-to-LAN routing, multiplexed data and voice, and packetized voice
- Offers ability to share modules between Cisco 1700, 1800, 2800 and 3700 series and Cisco 3800 routers, select Cisco 2600 and 3600 series routers, and select network modules.
- Increases configuration flexibility and reduces cost for data applications by allowing individual ports to be clocked from independent clock sources (not supported for voice and not supported with ATM/Voice Advanced Integration Module with ATM/Voice Advanced Integration Module. Supports E1 configurations for both balanced and unbalanced modes
- Supports (G.703 models) unstructured E1 (G.703) for using the full 2.048 Mbps
- Eliminates costly external third-party CSUs/DSUs and drop-and-insert multiplexers
- Provides optional support of a Cisco MFT Dedicated ECAN Module for demanding network conditions
- Simplifies remote network management by allowing a single management tool such as CiscoView or CiscoWorks to support router, CSU/DSU, or drop-and-insert multiplexer
Maximizes System Resources
- Increases T1/E1 port density on the supported Cisco 1700, 1800, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3700, and 3800 access routers---up to four T1/E1 connections with an integrated CSU/DSU in a single network-module slot or up to two T1/E1 connections in a single WIC slot
- Offers easy migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice, enabling new services
Customers who choose to integrate data and voice in stages to preserve their investment in WAN interfaces. For example, the Cisco MFT VWIC2 can support data-only applications as a WAN interface, and then be reused to integrate data and voice with the drop-and-insert multiplexer function or configured to support packetized voice (voice over IP [VoIP] or voice over Frame Relay [VoFR]) when installed in the Digital T1/E1 Packet Voice Trunk Network Module (NM-HDV), 2 slot IP Communications Enhanced Voice/Fax Network Module (NM-HD-2VE), or IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice/Fax Network Module (NM-HDV2), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice NM with 1 T1/E1 (part number NM-HDV2-1T1/E1), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice NM with 2 T1/E1 (part number NM-HDV2-2T1/E1).
Packet Voice Solutions: PBX and Central-Office Connectivity
The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards, through its digital T1/E1 ports, supply PBX and public-switched-telephone-network (PSTN) connectivity for the Digital T1/E1 Packet Voice Trunk Network Module (NM-HDV), 2 slot IP Communications Enhanced Voice/Fax Network Modules (NM-HD-2VE), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice/Fax Network Modules (NM-HDV2), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice NM with 1 T1/E1 (part number NM-HDV2-1T1/E1), IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice NM with 2 T1/E1 (part number NM-HDV2-2T1/E1), and access routers with on-board VIC/WIC/HWIC slots. The NM-HDV, NM-HD-2VE, NM-HDV2, NM-HDV2-1T1/E1, NM-HDV2-2T1/E1, and access routers support H.323-, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-, Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)-, and Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP)-based VoIP-, FRF.11-, and FRF.12-based VoFR, and ATM Adaption Layer 5 (AAL5)-based voice-over-ATM (VoATM) industry standards.
Note: For each of these packet voice applications (VoIP, VoFR, or VoATM), an appropriate WIC also is required.
|Number of Ports||1|
|Unstructured E1 (G.703) Supported||No|
|Data Support WIC Mode||Yes|
|Voice Suppot Vic Mode||Yes|
|Drop-and-Insert Multiplexing||Yes except on 1721, 1751 and 1760|
|NETWORK INTERFACES SPECIFICATIONS|
|T1 Network Interface|
|Transmit Bit Rate||1.544 Mbps ± 50 bps/32 ppm|
|Receive Bit Rate||1.544 Mbps ± 50 bps/32 ppm|
|Line Code||Alternate-mark-inversion (AMI), binary 8-zero substitution (B8ZS)|
|AMI Ones Density Power - Active||Enforced for n x 56-kbps channels|
|Framing Format||D4 (Super Frame [SF]) and Extended Super Frame (ESF)|
|Output Level (line buile [LBO])||0, -7.5, or 15 dB|
|Input Level||+1 dB0 down to -24 dB0|
|Data-Terminal-Equipment (DTE) Interface (WIC mode)||Fractional service|
|DTE Interface (VIC mode)||G.704 or structured|
|Data-Communication-Equipment (DCE) Interface||G.704 or structured|
|E1 Network Interface|
|Transmit Bit Rate||2.048 Mbps ± 100 bps/50 ppm|
|Receive Bit Rate||2.048 Mbps ± 100 bps/50 ppm|
|Data Rate||1.984 Mbps (framed mode) per E1 port|
|Clocking||Internal and loop (recovered from network)|
|E1 National Bits||Fixed (nonconfigurable)|
|Encoding||High-density bipolar three (HDB3)|
|DTE Interface (WIC mode)||Fractional service|
|DTE Interface (VIC mode)||G.704 or structured|
|DTE Interface||G.704 or structured|
|Weight (g to lb)||57/0.125|
|NETWORK MANAGEMENT FEATURES|
|Telnet or Console||Remote and local configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting from Cisco IOS Software CLI|
|Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)|
|SNMP Traps||Generated in response to alarms|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 40ºC (32 to 104°F)|
|Storage temperature||-25 to +70ºC (-13 to 158°F)|
|Relative humidity non-condensing operating||5 to 85%|
|Relative humidity non-condensing non-operating||5 to 95%|
|Network Equipment Building Standards (NEBS)|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product has been mounted in a brand new system (e.g. server), then removed from the system, before entering service. These products may have some hours of usage due to system build time / burn-in / testing etc. New Pulls are guaranteed to have at least 95% (often 99%) of their service life remaining , they may show signs of being physically mounted and dismounted. All handling is performed by trained technicians, taking full ESD precautions.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty