INTEL Part #/MPN: RS2BL040
DiscTech Item #: INT-RS2BL040-BN-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI, SATA, PCIe, SFF-8087
Form Factor: Half-Height/Half-Length
Electrical Interface: PCIe - v2.0 - 8GBps
On-Board Cache: 512MB
Intel RS2BL040 512MB Four-Port 6Gbps PCIe SAS/SATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel RS2BL040 512MB Four-Port 6.0 Gbps PCI Express, SAS, Serial ATA RAID Controller - Brand New
Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL040 Compact Four-Port 6G SAS PCIe 2.0 RAID Adapter for Expander-based or Low Drive Count Solutions
The Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL040, a member of Intel’s 6Gb/s SAS adapter family, is targeted at solutions with expander backplanes or low drive counts. Features including LSI’s SAS2108 6Gb/s RAID on Chip (ROC) silicon and a native PCI Express 2.0 architecture allow for significant performance gains for both 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s drive-based solutions versus prior generation RAID adapters. Data protection and availability are enhanced by new features including Decision Feedback Equalization for greater signal integrity, enhanced diagnostics, and more robust error reporting.
Intel RAID solutions, powered by LSI MegaRAID technology, are validated across multiple platforms with Intel® server boards, chassis, and systems. Customized training, as well as Intel service and support, make Intel the one source for customers seeking data protection, increased productivity, and simplified IT.
- Exceptional data protection. Supports data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6) plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60).
- Excellent performance. LSI SAS2108 ROC technology, x8 PCI Express Generation 2 host interface and 800 MHz cache enhances the performance of mainstream applications.
- Inside-the-box design flexibility. With a true MD2 form factor, this adapter is ideal for low-profile height and halflength adapter slots. Four internal 6Gb/s SAS ports allow connection to 6Gb/s or 3Gb/s high-performance SAS drives, highcapacity SATA drives or a combination of both. Furthermore, support for SAS expanders allows bandwidth consolidation of multiple drives per port.
- Outstanding availability. Delivers proactive drive monitoring and automatic error correction. An optional battery backup maintains the integrity of data in transit to drives in the event of a power interruption.
- Intel RAID Web Console II. Allows administrators to easily configure, monitor and manage RAID volumes locally or over the LAN network. SAS/SATA topology can be viewed from the system host, controller and disk enclosure level down to the configurations of logical and physical drives.
- Embedded 512 MB 800 MHz cache (ECC DDR2 memory) to efficiently store data in transition
- Speaker to deliver audible alerts
- One SFF8087 SAS/SATA connector for up to eight internal ports
- x8 PCI Express Generation 2 interface for fast communication with the server board
- LSI SAS2108 ROC controller providing SAS 2.0 compliance including 6Gb/s data transfer
- One cable with SFF8087 connectors that expand to four individual connectors
This controller card is compatible with any server that includes PCI-E 2.0 x8 slots.
|Description||Entry-level 6G SAS RAID controller with 4 internal ports for SAS/SATA drives.|
|Board Form Factor||Low-Profile MD2|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb/s|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Solaris, VMware|
|Compatible Battery Backup Options||AXXRSBBU7 or AXXRSVVU8|
|RAID Level Supported||0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60|
|Number of Ports Internal||4|
|Number of Ports External||0|
|Number of Devices Supported||240|
|Embedded Memory||512 MB|
|PCIe Host Interface||PCI Express 2.0 x 8|
|IO Processor Model||LSI2108|
|Keying||PCIe x8 Connector|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty