Juniper Part #/MPN: JXU-8GE-TX-S
DiscTech Item #: JUN-JXU-8GE-TX-S-UP-OE
- Special Order - Ships in 5-10 business daysSpecial Order - Ships in 5-10 business days
This item has a lead time for fulfilment (as listed), this is approximate. Your credit card will be authorized in full on the day of ordering; it will not be charged until the day of shipment.
Interface Types: Ethernet RJ45
Electrical Interface: Ethernet Gigabit - 1Gbps
Voltage: 110-240V Multi
Juniper / Netscreen JXU-8GE-TX-S 8-port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Copper Universal PIM Module - Refurbished
Juniper Networks® Ethernet Universal Physical Interface Modules (UPIMs) are a set of interface modules shared between the Juniper Networks SSG Series Secure Services Gateways including the SSG140, SSG320M, SSG350M, SSG520, SSG550M, and the Juniper Networks J Series Services Routers including the J2320, J2350, J4350, and J6350.
These modules implement the full set of Layer 3–7 services offered in ScreenOS and Juniper Networks Junos® operating system, and alternatively implement Layer 2 Ethernet switching for connecting local servers and PCs to the network.
Four UPIM models are available:
• 1-port 100/1000 Ethernet with a small form-factor pluggable transceiver (SFP) slot. You choose from a variety of SFPs to implement 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps Ethernet.
• 6-port Gigabit Ethernet with SFP slots. You choose from a wide variety of SFPs to implement different types of fiber optic or copper interfaces. The SFPs are sold separately from the module.
• 8-port 10/100/1000 copper Ethernet.
• 16-port 10/100/1000 copper Ethernet. This module is double the height of the standard PIM, so it requires two vertically adjacent PIM slots in the chassis.
Architecture and Key Components
The Ethernet UPIMs are highly flexible interfaces that give the network designer the tools to solve a wide variety of networking problems.
Metro Ethernet WAN Links The 1-port 100/1000 Ethernet SFP interface is ideal for connecting to a Metro Ethernet service with a variety of fiber-optic SFPs. This interface allows you to deploy 100 Mbps service today and upgrade to 1 Gbps simply by replacing the SFP.
The Ethernet UPIMs can be used to subnet or segment network traffic by configuring each Ethernet port as a separate routed network or subnet. This localizes broadcast and multicast traffic to a local segment and allows different security policies to be applied to each subnet.
- 8 RJ-45
- Auto-correcting MDI/MDI-X
- 10/100/1000 Mbps, autosensing
- Auto-negotiation or manual setting for duplex
- One PIM or enhanced PIM slot
- 5.45 x 0.63 x 6.5 in (13.8 x 1.6 x 16.5 cm)
- 8.6 oz (245 g)
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 1 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
These products have had NO problems or failures, they merely have some usage. The product has been professionally returned to excellent condition. These items have been fully tested, formatted (if appropriate) &repackaged. Hard drives are fully vetted for surface defects and wear, only healthy disks are approved for resale to our customers. Please see our refurbishing process for more details. Watch a video about our refurbishing process
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty