Micron Part #/MPN: MTFDDAK480TDS-1AW1ZABYY
DiscTech Item #: MIC-MTFDDAK480TDS-1AW1ZABYY-BN-OE
Speed: Solid State Memory
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 2.5inx7mm Fits All laptops
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Sustained Throughput: 540/410
Electrical Interface: SATA 600 - 6.0Gbps
SSD Type: TLC
SSD Endurance DWPD: Enterprise Mixed Use
Micron 5300 PRO MTFDDAK480TDS-1AW1ZABYY 480GB 2.5" 6Gbps TLC Enterprise MU SATA SSD - Brand New
Micron 5300 PRO MTFDDAK480TDS-1AW1ZABYY 480GB 2.5" x 7mm 6Gbs TLC / Triple Level Call Enterprise MU / Mixed Use DWPD: 1.5 SATA / Serial ATA SSD / Solid State Drive - Brand New
Invigorate Your Infrastructure
Moving to all-flash storage often involves choosing SATA, and your workloads deserve innovation. The Micron® 5300 series of SATA solid state drives (SSDs) brings you the latest 3D NAND technology with everything you expect from Micron’s SATA portfolio, which is the broadest in the industry. As the first cost-effective, 96-layer TLC NAND flash drive for SATA, the Micron 5300 rewards modernization efforts with high performance, consistency, and reliability on a proven architecture. The Micron 5300 SSD has a mean time to failure (MTTF) of 3 million device hours — 50% more than the norm.
Modernize and Economize to Maximize
Refresh your data center and gain performance upgrades. Modernize your racks, stacks, and server arrays by updating your data center with the performance, consistency, and expanded data security of the Micron 5300 SSD. Its data center class SATA storage delivers robust, consistent performance at 6 Gb/s for your data center and cloud, along with sequential read speeds of 540 MB/s.
Security for Flash Storage
The Micron 5300 series of SATA SSDs includes Micron’s solid, secure firmware features — secure digital signatures and boot-time attestation — plus AES 256-bit hardware encryption that follows the TCG Security Subsystem Class (SSC) Enterprise specification for storage devices for servers, data centers, and data center applications. The 5300 SSDs operate with the drive’s onboard encryption engine, so encryption doesn’t cause a degradation in performance.
- 96-Layer NAND SATA
- With the industry’s first cost-effective, 96-layer, 3D TLC NAND for SATA, the Micron 5300 modernizes your data center with high performance, affordability, and consistent performance. Choose from market-friendly M.2 (22x80mm) and 2.5-inch form factors.
- Security for Your Data
- Solid, secure, firmware-based security includes options for TCG Enterprise, TCG Opal 2.0 to support on-device encryption for SEDs, and ATA Security. The 5300 also includes power-loss protection for data at-rest and inflight, as well as data center-class data path protection for user and meta data.
- Performance for Read-Intensive, Mixed-Use
- Take advantage of the Micron 5300 optimizations for read-intensive and mixed-use workloads. Your cloud and data centers will show strong performance for media streaming, online transaction processing (OLTP), block and object stores, business intelligence and data SS, and small random block. The Micron 5300 PRO delivers in the capacity tier on VDI/ virtualization, while the Micron 5300 MAX delivers on the capacity tier.
- Broadest SATA Portfolio Gives You Options
- Micron’s long-term commitment to the data center SATA SSD space means you have options in how you move to an all-flash future. Extend your SATA infrastructure from 240GB boot drives (a new model for robust startup that keeps data storage slots available), to high-capacity 8TB SSDs.
Target Workloads and Applications
- Media Streaming
- Business Intelligence/DSS
- Small Random Block
- Block and Object Stores
|Micron 5300 PRO SSD|
|Form Factor||2.5in x 7mm|
|Interface||SATA (6 Gb/s)|
|NAND||Micron 96-layer 3D TLC NAND|
|Seq. Read (MB/s)||540|
|Seq. Writ (MB/s)||410|
|Rand. Read (K IOPS)8||85|
|Rand. Write (K IOPS)||36|
|Endurance (Total Bytes Written in TB)||1324|
|Random read||175µs to 200µs|
|Random write||100µs to 650µs|
|Mean Time to Failure MTTF||3 million device hours|
|UBER||<1 sector per 1017 bits read|
|Power||Sequential read: <3W MAX|
Sequential write: <3.9W MAX
|Dimensions (Depth x Height x Width)||2.5-inch: 100.45mm x 69.85mm x 7.00mm|
M.2: 80mm x 22mm x 3.8mm
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 1.5 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product is brand new.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty