Silicom Part #/MPN: PEG4i6
DiscTech Item #: SIL-PEG4i6-NP-OE
Interface Types: Ethernet RJ45, PCIe
Electrical Interface: Ethernet Gigabit - 1Gbps
Silicom PEG4i6 Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Server Adapter Intel Based - New Pull
Silicom PEG4i6 Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCIe /PCI Express Server Adapter Intel Based - New Pull
Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server Adapter Intel® Based
Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server adapter is PCI-Express X8 Copper Gigabit Ethernet network interface card that contain Multiple / Single Gigabit port/s on a PCI-Express adapter.
Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server adapter is designed for Servers and high-end appliances. The performance is optimized so that system I/O is not the bottleneck in high-performance networking applications.
Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server adapter enable fault-tolerant via teaming. Traffic from the failed port is routed through other members of the team.
Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server adapter has an integrated hardware acceleration that performs TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload and TCP segmentation. The host processing offloads accelerators frees CPU for application processing.
Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server adapter is the ideal solution for implementing multiple network segments, mission-critical high-powered networking applications and environments within high performance servers.
Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet server adapter is based on Intel 82576 Dual port Gigabit Ethernet MAC+PHY of Intel Controller.
- 16 Transmit and Receive queues per port
- Up to 16 queues of Receive Side Scaling (RSS) minimize CPU utilization across multiple processor systems
- Support for 8 pools of virtual machine Device Queues (VMDq) per port
- Support Direct Cache Access (DCA)
- Support Intel I/O AT 2.0
- TSO interleaving for reduced latency
- UDP TSO
- Minimized device I/O interrupts using MSI and MSI-X
- Offload of TCP / IP / UDP checksum calculation and TCP segmentation
- SCTP receive and transmit checksum offload
- Packet interrupt coalescing timers (packet timers) and absolute- delay interrupt timers for both transmit and receive operation
Copper Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T :
- Independently copper Gigabit Ethernet channels support Single Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Fast Ethernet (100Base-Tx) and Ethernet (10Base-T)
- Triple speed 1000Mbps (1000Base-T), 100 Mbps (100Base-Tx) and 10 Mbps (100Base-T) operation
- Nway auto negotiation automatic sensing and switching between 1Gbps full duplex and 100 / 10 Mbps operations Simplex or Full Duplex
- RJ-45 female connectors
Common Key features:
- Host Interface standard support: PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.1
- High performance, reliability, and low power use in Intel 82576 Dual integrated MAC + PHY and SERDES chip Controllers
- Ultra deep, packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization
- Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The Controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation
- Server class reliability, availability and performance features:
- Link Aggregation and Load Balancing
- Switch dependent: 802.3ad (LACP), Generic Trunking ( GEC / FEC)
- Switch and NIC Independent
- Priority queuing – 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding
- Virtual LANs –802.1q VLAN tagging
- Jumbo Frame (9.5KB)
- 802.x flow control
- PCI-SIG SR IOV (8 VF)
- Multicast/ broadcast Packet replication
- Statistics for SNMP MIB II, Ethernet like MIB, and Ethernet MIB (802.3z, Clause 30)
- Supports Vital Product Data (VPD)
- Supports IEEE 1588
- LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Speed status
|Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server Adapter Intel® Based|
|Copper Gigabit Ethernet Technical Specifications – (1000Base-T) Adapters:|
|IEEE Standard / Network topology|
|Full duplex / Simplex||Support both Simplex & Full duplex operation in all operating speeds|
|Cables and Operating distance|
|Operating Systems Support|
|Operating system support|
|General Technical Specifications|
|Interface Standard||PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.1|
|Board Size||Low profile short add-in card: 167.64mm X 68.91mm (6.60”X 2.713”)|
|PCI Express Card Type||X8 Lane|
|PCI Express Voltage|
|PCI Connector||Gold Finger: X8|
|Weight||100 gr (3.527 oz)|
Typical all ports operate at 1000Mbit/s.
Typical all ports operate at 100Mbit/s.
Typical all ports operate at 10Mbit/s.
Typical No link at all ports
|Holder||Metal Bracket: Full Height/Low profile Height|
|Operating Humidity||0%–90%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||0°C – 50°C (32°F – 122°F)|
Immunity for ITE Amendment A1: 2001
Harmonic Current Emissions
Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
ESD Air Discharge 8kV. Contact Discharge 4kV.
Radiated Immunity (80-1000Mhz), 3V/m 80% A.M. by 1kHz
EFT/B: Immunity to electrical fast transients 1kV Power
Leads, 0.5Kv Signals Leads
Immunity to conductive surges COM Mode; 2kV,
Dif. Mode 1kV
Conducted immunity (0.15-80 MHz) 3VRMS 80% A.M.
Voltage Dips and Short Interruptions
V reduc >95%, 30% >95% Duration 0.5per, 25per, 250per
* According to Telcordia SR-332 Issue 1
|LEDs||(2) LEDs per port|
Turn on any Link speed , Blinks on Activity (green)
1000Mbit/s: Turns on Yellow
100Mbits/s: Turns on Green.
10Mbit/s: Turns off
|LEDs location||LEDs are integrated on RJ-45 connector|
|Connectors||(4) Shielded RJ-45|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 0.5 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product has been mounted in a brand new system (e.g. server), then removed from the system, before entering service. These products may have some hours of usage due to system build time / burn-in / testing etc. New Pulls are guaranteed to have at least 95% (often 99%) of their service life remaining , they may show signs of being physically mounted and dismounted. All handling is performed by trained technicians, taking full ESD precautions.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty