Silicom Part #/MPN: PXG6I
DiscTech Item #: SIL-PXG6I-NP-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: Ethernet RJ45
Silicom PX-Series Server 6-port RoHS Gigabit adapter / Card / NIC - PXG6 - New Pull
The Silicom PX-Series Server Gigabit adapters are 64-bit/133MHz PCI-X network interface cards that contain multiple / single independent Gigabit port/s on one PCI-X adapter.
Silicom PX-Series Server adapters are based on the fourth generation of Broadcom BCM57XX PCI-X Gigabit Ethernet controllers that feature industry leading performance for PCI-X server Adapters.
Copper Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T:
• Independently copper Gigabit Ethernet channels support six, four, two and one Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Fast Ethernet (100Base-Tx) and Ethernet (10Base-T).
• Triple speed 1000Mbps (1000Base-T), 100 Mbps (100Base-Tx) and 10 Mbps (100Base-T) operation.
• Nway auto negotiation automatic sensing and switching between 1Gbps full duplex and 100 / 10 Mbps operations Simplex or Full Duplex.
• RJ-45 female connectors.
Common Key features:
• Host Interface standard support:
• PCI v2.2 32/64 bit, 33/66Mhz
• PCI-X v1.0 32/64-bit, 66/100/133MHz
• High performance, reliability, and low power use in Broadcom 5704 dual integrated MAC + PHY / SERDES chip controller.
• Ultra deep, 64 KB packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization, avoids PCI-X congestion
• Dual high speed RISC processor per channel for advanced packet classification.
• Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation.
• Server class reliability, availability and performance features:
• Link Aggregation and Load Balancing:
• Switch dependent: 802.3ad (LACP), Generic Trunking ( GEC / FEC)
• Switch and NIC Independent.
• Priority queuing – 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding.
• Virtual LANs –802.1q VLAN tagging.
• Jumbo Frame (9KB).
• 802.x flow control.
• Boot ROM embedded or optional can be used for Boot ROM applications.
• PCI Power Management Interface. (v1.1)
• PCI Hot Plug. (IBM, Compaq, Dell, and Microsoft)
• Statistics for SNMP MIB II, Ethernet like MIB, and Ethernet MIB (802.3z, Clause 30)
• LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Speed status
The Silicom PXG6 has been verified by Sun to operate under Solaris 10 and Solaris 10 (64 Bit) operating systems.
PXG6I: General Technical Specifications
PCI v2.2 32/64 bit, 33/66Mhz
|Board Size:||PCI add in card 175mm x 107mm (6.9”x4.2”)|
|PCI Card Type:||+3.3V 64 bit Card|
|PCI Connector:||+3.3V 64 bit|
|PCI Voltage:||+5V (Min 4.75V, Max, 5.25V)|
|Weight:||180 gram (6.35 oz)|
|Power Consumption:||2.4A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 1000Mbit/s.|
1.3A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 100Mbit/s.
1.1A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 10Mbit/s.
1.1A at 5V: Typical No link at all ports.
|Operating Temperature:||0°C – 50°C (32°F - 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature:||-20°C–65°C (-4°F–149°F)|
|EMC Certifications:||FCC Part 15, Subpart B Class A |
CE EN 55022: 1998 Class A
CE EN 55024: 1998
Immunity for ITE Amendment A1: 2001
CE EN 61000-3-2 2000
Harmonic Current Emissions
CE EN 61000 3-3
Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
CE IEC 6100-4-2: 1995
ESD Air Discharge 8kV. Contact Discharge 4kV.
CE IEC 6100-4-3:1995
Radiated Immunity (80-1000Mhz), 3V/m 80% A.M. by 1kHz
CE IEC 6100-4-4:1995
EFT/B: Immunity to electrical fast transients 1kV Power
Leads, 0.5Kv Signals Leads
CE IEC 6100-4-5:1995
Immunity to conductive surges COM Mode; 2kV,
Dif. Mode 1kV
CE IEC 6100-4-6:1996
Conducted immunity (0.15-80 MHz) 3VRMS 80% A.M.
CE IEC 6100-4-11:1994
Voltage Dips and Short Interruptions
V reduc >95%, 30% >95% Duration 0.5per, 25per, 250per
*According to Telcordia SR-332 Issue 1
Environmental condition – GB (Ground, Fixed, Controlled). Ambient temperature - 25C. Temperature rise of 10C above the system ambient temperature was assumed for the cards components.
PXG6: LED / Connector Specifications
(2) LEDs per port
|LEDs location||LEDS are located in the RJ-45 connector|
|Connectors:||(6) Shielded RJ-45|
Copper Gigabit Ethernet Technical Specifications - (1000Base-T) Adapters:
IEEE Standard / Network topology:
Gigabit Ethernet, 1000Base-T
|Full duplex / Simplex||Support both Simplex & Full duplex operation in all operating speeds|
|Auto negotiation:||Auto-negotiation between Full duplex and simplex operations and between 10Mb/s 100Mb/s speeds and duplex 1000Mb/s.|
|Data Transfer Rate:||1000 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 10 Mbits/sec in simplex mode per port.|
2000Mbit/s 200 and 20 Mbit/s in full duplex mode per port.
|Cables and Operating distance:||10Base-T Category 3, 4, or 5 maximum 50m * |
100Base-Tx Category 5 maximum 50m *
1000Base-T Category 5E maximum 50m *
*Theoretical Distance – Defined as half a distance as stated by the IEEE 802.3 standard
Operating Systems Support (all adapters):
Operating system support:
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: JG0-0027NL
Weight: 2 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
The product has been mounted in a brand new system (e.g. server), then removed from the system, before entering service. These products may have some hours of usage due to system build time / burn-in / testing etc. New Pulls are guaranteed to have at least 95% (often 99%) of their service life remaining , they may show signs of being physically mounted and dismounted. All handling is performed by trained technicians, taking full ESD precautions.
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty