Toshiba Part #/MPN: MG04SCA40EA
DiscTech Item #: TOS-MG04SCA40EA-BN-5Y
Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Sector Size: 4Kn
Sustained Throughput: 205
Electrical Interface: SAS-3 Serial Attached SCSI v3 - 12.0Gbps
On-Board Cache: 128MB
Toshiba MG04SCA Series MG04SCA40EA 4TB 3.5-Inch LFF 12Gbps 7.2K RPM 4Kn Enterprise SAS Hard Drive - Brand New
Toshiba MG04SCA Series MG04SCA40EA 4TB / 4000GB 3.5" LFF / Large Form Factor 12.0 Gb/s 7200 RPM 4Kn / 4K Native Enterprise SAS / Serial Attached SCIS HDD / Hard Drive - Brand New
Enterprise Capacity HDD MG04SCAxxEx Series
The up to 6TB Enterprise Capacity HDD models (MG04SCAxxEx) come in a robust design with 3.5-inch form factor and performance of 7,200 rpm.
Features of MG04SCAxxEx include 12 Gbit/s SAS interface, Toshiba persistent write cache technology, industry-standard 4K native (4Kn) and 512e Advanced Format sector technologies for optimum performance in the latest generation of servers and storage systems.
While 4Kn models (MG04SCAxxEA) offer optimum performance and compatibility with 4K applications, the support for legacy applications and operating environments that require 512B sector lengths is provided by 512e models (MG04SCAxxEE)
Model options supporting Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) are also available. This feature may help to protect data from unintended disclosure in the event that drives are re-purposed or moved outside of data center environments.
- Industry Standard 3.5-inch 26.1 mm Height Form-Factor
- Large Capacity (6 / 5 / 4 / 2 TB Models)
- 7,200 rpm Performance
- Dual-Port 12.0 Gbit/s SAS Interface
- 550 total TB Transferred per Year Workload Rating
- 4Kn or 512e Advanced Format Sector Technology
- Introducing Toshiba Persistent Write Cache Technology for Data-Loss Protection in Sudden Power-Loss Events
- Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) Option Available
- Engineered for Mid-line / Nearline Business Critical Workloads
- Tier 2 Business-Critical Servers and Storage Systems
- Servers Supporting Application Workloads that Benefit from High Capacity per Spindle
- Capacity-Optimized Data Center Storage Systems
|Interface Speed||12.0 Gbit/s , 6.0 Gbit/s , 3.0 Gbit/s , 1.5 Gbit/s|
|Formatted Capacity||4TB / 4000GB|
|Sector Size||4Kn / 4K Native|
|Buffer Size||128 MiB|
|Rotation Speed||7,200 RPM|
|Data Transfer Speed ( Sustained )||205 MiB/s|
|Power Consumption (Idle - B)||6.1 W Typ|
|Weight||720 g Max.|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 1.8 lb
Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer
The product is brand new.
5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The product has a manufacturer warranty for the time period specified.