Western Digital Part #/MPN: WD4000FYYZ
DiscTech Item #: WDC-WD4000FYYZ-RF-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Sustained Throughput: 171
Average Seek Time: 10.2 / 9.7
Electrical Interface: SATA 600 - 6.0Gbps
On-Board Cache: 64MB
Western Digital WD Re WD4000FYYZ 4TB 7.2K 6Gbps Enterprise SATA Hard Drive - Refurbished
Western Digital WD Re WD4000FYYZ 4TB / 4000GB 7,200 RPM 6.0Gbps Enterprise SATA Hard Drive - Refurbished
WD Re™- Datacenter Capacity HDD
Durable capacity storage for high-availability deployments
WD Re datacenter hard drives offer up to 4 TB capacities and are available with SAS or SATA interface. With the highest error tolerance and MTBF of any capacity-optimized drive, WD Re delivers the durability and 24x7x365 reliability required in tightly packed vibration prone multi-drive systems. The combination of high-capacity, peak performance and robust design make WD Re drives ideal for heavy workload environments, cloud storage, RAID arrays, external storage arrays, data warehousing and mining applications.
- Industry’s highest capacity nearline drive - Massive capacities up to 4 TB suit even the most demanding datacenter or cloud storage needs.
- Designed for heavy application workloads - Designed to handle up to 550 TB per year in any heavy application datacenter with the highest workload capabilities of any WD 3.5 hard drive. Up to 6 Gb/s transfer rates and sustained sequential data rates of up to 182 MB/s, deliver performance and reliability to any datacenter environment.
- Designed for quality and reliability - With up to 1.4 million hour MTBF, this high performance drive delivers durability and the highest level of reliability for 24x7x365 operation in the most demanding storage environments.
- Vibration Protection - Enhanced RAFF™ technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- Dual actuator technology - A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy. (2 TB and above)
- Environmentally responsible - In addition to being RoHS compliant, these drives are built with halogen reduced components.
- Self Encrypting Drive (SED) option - Optional secure model for encrypting drives – Utilizing an AES 256 bit encryption engine for Crypto erase capability, WD supports both industry standard commands of the Sanitize Feature Set and also the Security Feature Set which utilizes the Secure Erase Unit (SEU) enhanced mode bit.
- StableTrac™ - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations. (2 TB and above)
- Multi-axis shock sensor - Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER) - Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- NoTouch™ ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Thermal extended burn-in test - Each drive is put through extended burn-in testing with thermal cycling to ensure reliable operation.
- Dynamic fly height technology - Each read-write head’s fly height is adjusted in real time for optimum reliability.
- Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
This drive is compatible with any server that accepts 3.5"x1"(LFF) SATA hard drives.
|Interface||SATA 6 Gb/s|
|Formatted capacity||4 TB|
|User sectors per drive||7,814,037,168|
|Native command queuing||Yes|
|Data transfer rate (max)|
- Buffer to host
- Host to/from drive (sustained)
- 6 Gb/s
- 171 MB/s
|Rotational speed (RPM)||7200|
|Non-recoverable read errors per bits read||<10 in 1016|
|Average power requirements (W)|
- Sequential read
- Sequential write
- Random read/write
- 5 to 55
- -40 to 70
- Operating (2 ms, read/write)
- Operating (2 ms, read)
- Non-operating (2 ms)
- Seek (average)
|Height (in./mm, max)||1.028/26.1|
|Length (in./mm, max)||5.787/147|
|Width (in./mm, ± .01 in.)||4/101.6|
|Weight (lb./kg, ± 10%)||1.66/0.75|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 1.8 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
These products have had NO problems or failures, they merely have some usage. The product has been professionally returned to excellent condition. These items have been fully tested, formatted (if appropriate) &repackaged. Hard drives are fully vetted for surface defects and wear, only healthy disks are approved for resale to our customers. Please see our refurbishing process for more details. Watch a video about our refurbishing process
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty