Seagate Part #/MPN: ST340014AS
DiscTech Item #: SGT-ST340014AS-RF-OE
- Low Stock:Call for ETAStock Levels
This item is currently (nearly) out of stock. It may be possible to arrange fast shipment. If you need it urgently call us. Otherwise, it usually ships within 1 week.
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Average Seek Time: 8.5
Electrical Interface: SATA 150 - 1.50Gbps
On-Board Cache: 2MB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST340014AS 40GB 7.2K SATA 3.5" Hard Drive - Refurbished
- 7,200-RPM spindle speed
- 2-Mbyte buffer
- High instantaneous (burst) data transfer rates (up to 100 Mbytes per second) using Ultra DMA mode 5.
- Giant magnetoresistive (GMR) recording heads and EPRML technology, which provide the drives withincreased areal density.
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
- Quiet operation.
- 350 Gs nonoperating shock.
- SeaTools diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
- The 3D Defense System™, which includes Drive Defense, Data Defense, and Diagnostic Defense, offersthe industry’s most comprehensive protection for disc drives.
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
- Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands.
- Support for autodetection of master/slave drives that use cable select (CSEL).
Formatted Gbytes (512 bytes/sector)*
Bytes per sector
Spindle speed (RPM)
ATA data-transfer modes supported
PIO modes 0–4Multiword DMA modes 0–2Ultra DMA modes 0–5
26.11 mm (1.028 inches)
101.85 mm (4.010 inches)
146.99 mm (5.787 inches)
Weight (max) grams / lb.
635 / 1.39
Average latency (msec)
Power-on to ready (typical)
Standby to ready (typical)
Average seek (msec typical)
0° to 60°C (op.)
–40° to 70°C (nonop.)
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Weight: 1.8 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
These products have had NO problems or failures, they merely have some usage. The product has been professionally returned to excellent condition. These items have been fully tested, formatted (if appropriate) &repackaged. Hard drives are fully vetted for surface defects and wear, only healthy disks are approved for resale to our customers. Please see our refurbishing process for more details. Watch a video about our refurbishing process
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty