Western Digital Part #/MPN: WD1600JD
DiscTech Item #: WDC-WD1600JD-RF-OE-DEL
Interface Types: SATA
Form Factor: 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
Sector Size: 512 / 512e
Sustained Throughput: 150
Average Seek Time: 8.9
Electrical Interface: SATA 150 - 1.50Gbps
On-Board Cache: 8MB
Western Digital WD1600JD / U4001 160GB 3.5in 1.5Gbps 7.2K RPM Caviar SE SATA HDD - Refurbished OEM
Western Digital WD1600JD / U4001 160GB 3.5" 1.5 Gbps 7200 RPM Caviar SE Serial Advanced Technology Attachment Hard Disk Drive - Refurbished OEM
Alt MPN: U4001, 0U4001
Western Digital Caviar SE Serial ATA Hard Drives - Carrying on the heritage of WD Caviar SE hard drives as industry-leading performers, Western Digital offers WD Caviar SE Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives which feature capacities as large as 250 GB and an 8 MB buffer, to fill acute demand in market segments such as high-end PC, workstation, and entry-level servers. Designers of enterprise storage systems and servers are increasingly using desktop-class, large-capacity SATA hard drives because of the advantages provided by the SATA interface. Benefits include a data transfer rate of 150 MB/s and improved cabling that enables greater system design flexibility.
- 8 MB cache – fast data transfer from a cache four times larger than the industry-standard 2 MB size.
- 7200 RPM – high-performance rotational speed for high-capacity hard drives.
- Data Lifeguard Tools™– software utility that works in conjunction with the embedded Data Lifeguard™ features (including shock protection, an environmental protection system, and embedded error detection and repair features) to make hard drive installation, management, and diagnostics simple and worry-free.
- SecureConnect™– provides a 500 percent stronger cable-to-drive connection than first-generation SATA hard drives and cables; ensures backward compatibility with legacy SATA cables and backplanes.
- FlexPower™– connector technology that accepts power from both industry-standard and new SATA power supplies.
- Point-to-point bus configuration – utilizes the full bandwidth of each drive interface in a networked environment.
- Hot plug support – allows swapping of hard drives without having to power down the system or reboot; promotes system design flexibility, data availability, and serviceability.
- Backplane compatibility – promotes expandability and flexibility in system architecture.
This drive is compatible with any server that accepts 3.5"x1.0" (LFF Hard Drive) SATA Drives.
|Alt Model number||U4001|
|Formatted capacity||160,041 MB|
|User sectors per drive||312,581,808|
|Bytes per sector (STD)||512|
|Dedicated landing zone||Yes|
|Actuator latch/auto park||Yes|
|Data transfer rate (max) |
Buffer to host
Buffer to disk
748 Mbits/s max
|Read seek||8.9 ms (average)|
|Track-to-track seek||2.0 ms (average)|
|Full stroke read seek||21 ms (average)|
|Average latency||4.2 ms|
|Rotational speed||7200 RPM|
|Drive ready time||9.0 sec average|
|Start/stop cycles||50,000 min|
|Error rate (non-recoverable)||1 in 10e14 bits read|
Click here to view the manufacturer's item description/brochure
Alternate MPNs: U4001 0U4001
Weight: 1.8 lb
Warranty: 1 Year DiscTech
These products have had NO problems or failures, they merely have some usage. The product has been professionally returned to excellent condition. These items have been fully tested, formatted (if appropriate) &repackaged. Hard drives are fully vetted for surface defects and wear, only healthy disks are approved for resale to our customers. Please see our refurbishing process for more details. Watch a video about our refurbishing process
1 Year DiscTech Warranty
The product has a DiscTech warranty for the time period specified. View our limited warranty